Just a reminder that November 19th is PSBA’s annual business meeting (and Potluck – bring a dish!). Doors open at 6:30, Business meeting and elections will begin at 7:30pm. There will no meeting on November 26th due to the Thanksgiving Holiday.
On November 19th, dues paying members have the honor of electing PSBA Officers and Trustees at this meeting! Any member in good standing can run for a seat on the Board – so please consider contributing your skills, talents, and time to PSBA in an official capacity.
- Executive Officers are up for election (President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer). These positions are elected annually (1 year terms).
- Four Trustee positions are up for vote (with term of 2014-15). Trustee positions are 2 year terms.
- PSBA is looking for motivated individuals to serve on the Board to help us meet our goals through a variety of volunteer efforts. Please review Board Member Commitments for a better understanding of what is involved in serving on the board.
- Warning! Active board participation may result in serious face time with top name experts like Randy Oliver and Michael Bush.
- Serving on the Board is a great way to grow your leadership skills while having fun. Board members are reimbursed up to $100/year for board approved training and development in support of PSBA operations and programs.
Some helpful skills for board members to have are listed below – however don’t let these scare (or limit) you! If you’ve got a unique skill or talent to offer- Bring it!
- Enthusiasm and Follow-Through
- Community building and/or connections
- Fundraising and FUN-raising!
- Public Speaking, Teaching, Group Facilitation
- Project management, Organizing and Planning
- Marketing/Writing (Blog/News/Social Media)
- Tech/Graphics: Computer/Email/Web/Design/Art/Audio-Visual
- Hands-On: Crafty, DIY-er, Construction, Building skills
- Financial: Bookkeeping, Financial Software, Auditing, Taxes
- Beekeeping/Gardening/Other stinging insects/Honey processing/sales
- Non-Profit Administration and Governance, Legal
Overview of PSBA Board Position Duties per PSBA Bylaws
|President- Executive Officer||1 Year; Term Limit = 2 years;Serves as Ex-Officio Trustee for 1 year after active term ends.||
|Vice-President- Executive Officer||1 Year; No Term Limit||
|Secretary- Executive Officer||1 Year; No Term Limit||
|Treasurer- Executive Officer||1 Year; No Term Limit||
|Trustee||2 Years; No Term LimitPSBA’s Board of Trustees is comprised of 9 Trustees. A 10th Trustee position is filled by ex-officio President for 1 year||PSBA’s Board of Trustees: