Please see bottom of page to learn more about our Officers and Trustees
- President – Dawn Beck
- Vice-President – Kathy Cox
- Secretary – Maureen Sullivan
- Treasurer – Bruce Becker
- Ex-Officio President – Kit Hyatt
2022& 2023 TRUSTEES:
- Nancy Beckett
- Magali Dieny Eaton
- Jeff Steenbergen
2023 & 2024 TRUSTEES:
- Bill Chappell
- Kathleen DeVilbus
- Daniel Kratz
- Brian Silverstein
- Gerardo Dilillo
COMMITTEE CHAIRS AND COORDINATORS:
- Apiary Committee Chair – Maureen Sullivan/Kathleen DeVilbus
- Bee Package Coordinator – Maureen Sullivan
- Education Committee Chair – Kathy Cox
- Events Planning Committee Chair – Maureen Sullivan
- Extractor Rental Coordinator –
- Fundraising Committee Chair – open
- Honey Sales Committee Chair – Nancy Beckett
- Master Beekeeper Program Coordinator – Dawn Beck
- Meeting Hospitality Coordinator – Nancy Beckett
- Meeting Speaker Committee Chair – open
- Membership Committee Chair – open
- Neighborhood Captain Committee Chair – Maureen Sullivan
- Outreach and Community Engagement Coordinator – Gerardo Dilillo
- Pollinator Seeds Coordinator – Bruce Becker/Nancy Beckett
- Pollinator Week Coordinator – Maureen Sullivan
- PR Director/Editor – Jeff Steenbergen
- Publishing Committee Chair – Maureen Sullivan/Jeff Steenbergen
- Swarm List Coordinator – Jeff Steenbergen
- Volunteer Program Coordinator – Kit Hiatt
Dawn Beck, President
Dawn Beck is a Northwest native and a graduate of the University of Washington School of Business. She is CPA who managed finance departments and worked with boards for over 25 years. Most recently, Dawn retired as CFO of Shoreline Community College with a goal of becoming more involved in beekeeping, gardening, cooking and hiking. Seven years ago she was stung by the love of beekeeping and has enjoyed serving on bee club boards. She received her Master Beekeeping Certificate from the University of Montana and is currently enrolled in the Cornell Masters program. Dawn has two grown children and loves spending time with her husband and dogs in the Skagit Valley.
Bruce Becker, Treasurer
Beekeeping Background: Bruce has served as Treasurer and in other roles in some capacity since 2006, and has been keeping bees since 1968. Bruce is a Sideliner, selling honey through his small business The Lazy Bee.
Beekeeping style: 10 frame Langstroth, treatments for mites- have used Apistan, Sucricide, formic acid pads, and formic acid quick strips with success
More info: Bruce is an Attorney and CPA and has used these skills to serve PSBA.
As Treasurer: Bruce would like to see PSBA encourage the city, other organizations, and nurseries to plant nectar producing trees along streets and in yards.
Maureen Sullivan, Secretary
Beekeeping background: Board Member since 2013. PSBA Secretary and Apiary Team Lead 2013 – Present.
Beekeeping Style: Hobbyist.
Equipment Preference/Expertise: Langstroth 8 Frame Foundationless
Focus: City beekeepers must plant resources for their bees!
Kit Hyatt, Ex officio President
Beekeeping Background: Hobbyist Beekeeper since 2014
Equipment Expertise: Langstroth, 8 frame; I am learning to appreciate natural forms of hive management.
More Info: In a prior life, Kit spent twenty five years in Seattle radio advertising sales. Communications, project management, media relations and editing are skills that may contribute to PSBA in some way.