PSBA offers honey extractor rentals which is a great thing for our beekeeping community- this equipment can be expensive and is typically needed only 1-2 times a year. PSBA three smaller 4 frame extractors if you only have a box or two to harvest. (If you have less than 10 frames to extract, you may want to consider uncapping/draining your frames via gravity.
But let’s get back to the extractor rental policy…
If you are planning to rent an extractor from PSBA this season, please be aware of a few changes to our rental policy, effective immediately.
What’s the same this year:
- All rental fees and deposits remain the same as last year: $20/week for 4 frame extractor, $50/week for the 12 frame.
- All renters must be current members of PSBA to be qualified to rent the extractor
- All renters must adhere to our rental policy – and cleaning procedures for extractors- else you could forfeit your deposit
What’s new this year:
In addition to being a member of PSBA, renters need to complete the Extractor Liability E-Sign form.
- PSBA has dropped the volunteering requirement. We hope to have more opportunities for people to volunteer and share this Fall and next year.
- PSBA is an all-volunteer organization. We are unable to fulfill requests for speakers or talks because we are short volunteers. This website is run by a volunteer…
Demand for PSBA assets and offerings is high (which drives further need for volunteer effort – like managing the extractor). In addition, there is desire from PSBA leadership to foster a sharing community within PSBA – sharing the work of running the org, in addition to sharing our knowledge and assets (like extractors).