ELAP Emergency Assistance for Beekeepers

PSBA received this from Kathryn Modin of the Farm Service Agency in Puyallup WA- please follow up directly with Kathryn if you have any questions.

“I would like to provide information on one of our programs which is the  Emergency Loss Assistance Program (ELAP).    The program provides emergency assistance to eligible producers of livestock, honeybees and farm-raised fish for losses due to an eligible adverse weather or loss condition.  In my effort to “get the word out” I have attached the Fact Sheet which explains the program as well as the CCC-934-Emergency Loss Assistance for Honeybees and Farm-raised Fish Application. 

If you have questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact me.  We would be more than happy to assist with questions.  Please feel free to forward this information to any and all beekeepers. The Farm Service Agency has office across the State.  In order to locate an office near you, please visit http://offices.sc.egov.usda.gov/locator/app?state=wa&agency=fsa.

If anyone would like to visit our office in Puyallup, we are located at 1011 E Main, Suite #306, Puyallup WA  98038.  I would encourage calling ahead to make an appointment if anyone would like to visit one of our offices.  My phone number is 253-845-9272 x100

Thank you for your time.  Again, please contact our office with any questions you may have regarding this program.”

Kathryn J. Modin
1011 E Main Suite #306
Puyallup WA  98372
Phone:  253-845-9272 x100
FAX:  877-716-5751
Email:  kathy.modin@wa.usda.gov