In this workshop you will learn about Top Bar Hives (TBH) and the reason these hives remain a popular alternative to Langstroth hives.
- This course is for those new to beekeeping. No previous experience or training is required.
- The format of the course is classroom presentation including lecture, question and answer, and display of equipment.
- Please bring something to take notes with.
Topics that will be covered:
- A Look at Different Hive Styles and Natural Hives
- Top Bar Beekeeping in History
- Why Use a Top Bar Hive Today
Construction of Top Bar Hives
- Materials to Use
- Standards (That Make Beekeeping Easier)
- Standards (That Make the Bees Happy)
- Size Considerations
- Installing Bees into a New Hive
- Comb Manipulations and Maintenance
- Treatment Free Pest Management
- Harvesting Comb
Class Date and Time: Saturday March, 14th, 2015 10 AM to 1:30 PM
Class Fee: $35 per individual
Class will be held in the Isaacson Classroom at the Center for Urban Horticulture, 3501 NE 41st St., Seattle, 98105.
If you have any questions, please contact our treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org